Tuesday, July 20
Moderator: Judge Mirela Nicoleta Nastasie, INSOL Fellow, Bucharest Tribunal, Romania
Judge Anna Elisabeth (Elsbeth) de Vos, Amsterdam District Court, The Netherlands
Judge Martin Glenn, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, USA
Mr. Justice Richard Snowden, Royal Courts of Justice, UK
The panel of judges will inter alia discuss the following issues (under the wider theme of forum shopping and challenges in the recognition of insolvency proceedings) from the standpoint of their individual jurisdictions:
- The legitimacy of forum shopping as a general principle.
- Forum shopping and the public policy exception as a ground for refusing recognition.
- The factors and criteria taken into consideration by the judiciary in common law jurisdictions (as opposed to civil law jurisdictions) when faced with issues around forum shopping.
- Practical problems associated with applications for recognition in the case of groups of companies.
- EU and non-EU companies and the shifting of COMI to facilitate restructurings*.
*please note that the technical programme may be subject to change.
- 8am New York
- 1pm UK
- 2pm The Netherlands
- 3pm Romania
Panel duration: 1 Hour